Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Happy" ending


I know you all have been waiting with bated breath for another update from yours truly. Hope that you all had a joyous Fourth of July, btw. I just got back from a week with my parents, which came right after Pride here in NYC. Pride was... well... interesting this year. It didn't help that the weather was horrible: humid on Saturday, wet and muggy on Sunday. (They literally rained on our damn parade! The only upshot to that was all the dripping wet man candy on display-- le sigh.) I realized this was my first New York Pride without a boyfriend of some sort-- Doug in '06, Jacob last year-- but sadly there were no hot flings to report. Instead, I got a big steaming pile of earnest rejection from Roman, the one I'd been pining for over the last couple months. After two weeks of waiting for our supposed dinner date (see "Seriously..."), he finally told me what was up on Sunday night at XES. (You know, where I was supposed to be having fun. At least Peppermint, the world's sweetest drag queen was there, and they played great music like Dolly Parton's "9 to 5.") He just got out of a two year relationship, he tends to seclude himself from the world when he's upset so don't take it personally, yada yada yada... I was at least glad that he was honest with me, though I kind of wish he'd told me all this when I asked him out in the first place. (As much fun as all the neuroses and self doubt were...) So I left all sad and depressed-y, although we texted back and forth the next week and we're cool now. I know it doesn't really have anything to do with me, after all, and although it's a bummer-- I hadn't had a crush like this in a long time-- at least I don't have to worry about it anymore. And I'm plenty excited for the rest of the summer; next week I'm going to see my friend Alex for the first time in close to a year, and in August Jacob's coming in for a visit. Who knows? Maybe there's some love to come this summer, too.

No comments: